Roulette has been played for centuries and there are a number of different variations of Roulette games. We examine a few of the versions of Roulette and present a number of roulette games you can try out for fun or for real. Take a look at our Roulette Bets pages where we provide a detailed listing of all the types of Roulette Bets a player can make. The online Roulette casino games page has a number of flash Roulette games that can be played for fun or for real. Similarly we provide a listing of all of the best venues to play Live Roulette games remotely.
Two types of Betting:
- Inside Bets
- Outside Bets
- Straight Up: A bet placed on a single number with the entire chip being placed in the middle of a numbered square.
- Split: A bet placed on two adjacent numbers either horizontally or vertically with the chip being placed on the line between the numbers.
- Street: A bet placed on three numbers on a single horizontal line with the chip being placed on the edge of the line of the last number.
- Corner or Square: A bet placed on four numbers in a square layout with the chip being placed at the horizontal and vertical intersections of the lines between the four numbers.
- Six Line or Double Street: A bet placed on two adjacent streets with the chip being placed at the relevant intersection like for instance where two separate street bets would be placed.
- Trio: A bet placed on an intersecting point between 0, 1 and 2 or 1, 2 or 3 applicable to single zero layouts only.
- Basket or The First Four: A bet placed on 0, 1, 2 and 3 applicable to single zero layouts only.
- Basket: A bet placed on 0, 1, and 2; 0, 00, and 2; or 00, 2, and 3 applicable to double zero layouts only where the chip is placed at the intersection of the selected numbers.
- Top Line: A bet placed on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 applicable to double zero layouts only where the chip is placed either at the corner of 0 and 1 or that of 00 and 3.
- 1 to 18: A bet placed on one of the first low eighteen numbers.
- 19 to 36: A bet placed on one of the last high eighteen numbers.
- Red or Black: A bet on which color between red or black the ball will land.
- Even or Odd: A bet on whether the winning number will be odd or even.
- Dozen Bets: A bet placed on one of the three groups of twelve numbers 1 – 12, 13 – 24 or 25 – 36.
- Column Bets: A bet placed on all 12 numbers of a specific column amongst the three vertical lines.
- Snake Bet: A special dozen bet placed on numbers 1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32, and 34. Some gambling pros discourage this type of bet as they claim players need to bet a unit on each of those numbers. This theory proves not to be true however since any bet on the table has the same house edge. Although most casinos do not allow snake bets, those which do allow the table minimum to bet on the snake with the bet being placed on the lower corner of the 34 spot which touches the 19 – 36 even money bet.
- Outside bets characteristically have smaller payouts with better winning odds.
What is your reaction?