If you’re new to sw418 sports betting, you might be wondering how to calculate how much money you can win from your bets. The answer, unfortunately, is not as simple as you might hope. There are a lot of factors that go into calculating potential winnings, and we’ll discuss some of the most important ones here.
Types of Bets:
The first thing you need to know is that there are several different types of bets you can make. The most common are straight bets, parlays, teasers, and props.
- Straight bets are simply wagers on which team will win or lose. Parlays involve two or more teams; if all of your picks win, you win the bet.
- Teasers involve two or more teams as well, but with points spread to give the bettor an advantage; if all of your picks hit, you win the bet.
- Props are wagers on things that aren’t directly related to the outcome of the game; for example, you might bet on how many strikeouts a particular pitcher will have.
How to calculate the money:
- Suppose you’re betting on a baseball game and the odds are set at 3-to-1 in favor of the home team winning. This means that there’s a 75% chance that the home team will indeed win; put another way, if this were a coin flip, heads would come up 75% of the time.
- If we assume that each game is an independent event—that is, what happened in the last game doesn’t affect what happens in this one—we can use some simple math to calculate our potential winnings.
- Basically, we just need to multiply our stake by the odds (in this case 3) and then subtract our original stake; this gives us our profit. So, if we bet $100 on the home team winning and they do indeed win, we would end up winning $200 ($100 x 3 = $300; $300 – $100 = $200).
Now that we’ve got the basics out of the way, You can easily calculate your prize money and decide your bets accordingly!